It is designed to save you time and it is appropriate for anybody who has collected data with an acoustic Velocimeter. Whether you want the advanced fluid mechanics/hydraulics calculations or not, you will surely love the cut/past functions to import all the graphs into your Word document.
The ability to plot your velocity data into a user-defined grid is also a big time saver – suitable for everybody. The raw data can be displayed graphically, edited, filtered, printed, or exported to ASCII files for further analysis.
The software comes in two versions, a Lite version for basic plotting and printing and a full version that includes all the statistical analysis.
Download a demo version that will show you the full capability of this powerful software today
|ExploreV Demo v1.59
ExploreV can be used for all velocimeter applications but some of the more complex functions (e.g., quadrant analyses) was developed with river hydraulic studies in mind. Likewise, the grid function is implemented to process many smaller data files that have been collected at multiple points in a river or in a laboratory model. The base functions such as time series plots, data editing, histograms, and spectral analyses are suited for all applications. ExploreV version 1.5 does not contain wave directional analyses or other types of analyses that are specific to surf zone data.
- Nortek NDV Velocimeter data
- Nortek Vector Velocimeter data
- Sontek Velocimeter formats 3.x, 4.x , 5.x (conversion routine to NDV format)
Raw data file size should be smaller than 2-5 MB, depending on the amount of RAM in the PC. If you are uncertain as to whether your data format is compatible, send us a small file and we will check.
- Basic statistics (mean, variance, etc)
- Filtering and editing
- Stationarity analyses
- Spectral analyses with Rectangle, Bartlett, Tukey or Parzen filtering.
- Structure function
- Estimation of dissipation rate (assuming mean current)
- Cross spectral estimates
- Calculation of mean, min., and max. in grid. User specified grids and boundaries.
Each of the processing functions have corresponding graphical displays with full user control of axis, title, use of fonts, etc. Base time series displays can be zoomed.
The lite version is limited to basic statistics.
- Plots can be copied to the clipboard (bitmap) and pasted into other applications
- All plots can be sent directly to printer
- ASCII output to file of all processing results
Any PC running Windows 95,98, ME, NT, 2000, or XP
|External author(s):||Dr. Alexander Sukhodolov|